This full day workshop will take place as part of the 2015 Robotics: Science & Systems Conference at Sapienza University (Rome, Italy), on July 17, 2015. For more information about the venue, registration, accommodations, and transportation, please see the conference website at http://www.roboticsconference.org.
About the organizers:
- Jose ‘Pepe’ Contreras-Vidal, Ph.D., is Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Houston, Houston, USA. His research focuses on cognitive, neural and rehabilitation engineering, including brain-machine interfaces and other human-machine systems.
- Marco Molinari, M.D., Ph.D., Chief of Neurological and Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Department A and the Experimental Neurorehabilitation Lab at the Foundation Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy. His clinical and research work focuses on neurorehabilitation after stroke and spinal cord lesions. He has been a pioneer in the use of powered exoskeleton in clinical research.
- Jose L. Pons, Ph.D., is a Professor at the Cajal Institute, Neural Rehabilitation Group, at the Spanish National Research Council, Spain. His work has focused on the design of patient-centered powered orthoses and applications of engineering and neuroplasticity principles to neurorehabilitation.
- Seong-Whan Lee, Ph.D., is the Hyundai-Kia Motor Chair Professor of Brain and Cognitive Engineering, Korea University at Seoul, Korea. His research focuses on Pattern Recognition, Artificial Intelligence, and Brain-Computer Interfaces.
Confirmed Patient-in-the-loop Demonstrations with Powered Exoskeletons
- NeuroRex – University of Houston; http://www.facebook.com/UHBMIST
- RexBionics – http://www.rexbionics.com/
- H2 powered exoskeleton – http://www.technaid.com/en/products/exoskeleton
- Rewalk – Advanced Technology Innovation Distribution for Argo Medical Technologies (to be confirmed)
Workshop Schedule & Format
The agenda for the workshop, which includes ‘Unconference’, contributed lightning talks (3 min) and poster sections, can be found here
For questions, comments, or suggestions about the workshop, or if you are interested in presenting, please contact the organizers at: